Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Optifast Round 2


Day 1

I am home sick while writing this. One of the downsides to the program is the extremely limited choices I have when it comes to over the counter cold and flu remedies. The product is very high in protein and our livers and kidneys will be taxed enough.

But it is all worth it. :-)

Optifast round 1 ran from November through April. I lost 53.5 lbs and went from a 24 (a SNUG 24) to a 16/18 depending on the item of clothing. I have started this new blog with the new title because, now, my weight is healthy for someone 6'9", not 7'4". Yay!  The transition to real food wasn't extremely successful. Partly due to the fact that I had decided to do the Optifast program again. I didn't want to get too attached to food again. Instead I drank a lot of Slimfast and ate a lot of protein bars. It turns out that, as I already knew, bars are my weakness. I still have many issues (emotional) to deal with and bars cannot be in my house. I gained about 7 or 8 pounds between the end of February and the beginning of June. I am not pleased with this but I have a renewed enthusiasm and commitment to deal with these issues, or at least develop effective coping strategies that I can quickly access when needed. With practice they will be ingrained and habit, a daily strategy for feeding my body. By the end of this I will hopefully be at a healthy weight for my 5'6" frame, fit, energetic, happier and in possession of great new skills.Compassion for myself is something I am working on.

The physical portion of this process is not easy, however, it is not the most difficult part. I know that I will have 100% meal replacement for 17 weeks. I know I have to drink at least 64 ounces of water a day. Or was it 128? lol. Ok. Maybe I need to read up a little more. I know I need to exercise. I am excited and nervous about the exercise this time. Optifast Round 1 (O1) had no exercise in the beginning, then I lost enough to be able to exercise without pain. This time I feel great. I have joined a gym, I have a personal trainer who is a marine, I have registered for a Spartan Sprint in December and I have registered for a 5k. I have all of the tools I need. Now to get off my ass.... lol.

Optifast Round 2 goal: 87.6 pounds. It won't be easy, but I am going to do everything in my power to make it happen. This is where my dealing with the more difficult portion of the program will really come in to play. The emotional / mental part. I don't even know where to start with my issues. My self esteem, self worth, feeling that I deserve this... they aren't strong. For those of you who know me well are already well aware of that. My self esteem comes in waves.... I need to strengthen the core of it.To want what is best for me and to do what I need to do to act like it. I need to deal with WHY I eat. Nothing too groundbreaking here. lol. Food is Love, Food is Companionship, etc.

I know I have a very addictive personality. I don't know how much history of that will come out here. I believe in complete honesty, which often gets me in trouble. I don't have many secrets, but some truths don't belong in the workplace, and this being a public blog..... for now.... I will certainly be focused on the present, however the past is bound to come out as it has shaped who I am now. I plan on turning this addiction to exercise. If I am going to be addicted to something I will trade food for exercise.

I hope you find following me on this journey to be, at the very least, interesting. Hopefully sometimes entertaining. And rarely whiny.

Thank you everyone!!
I appreciate all of your support



2 comments:

  1. I am so excited about reading about this journey!! Way to go hun, and I'm 100% behind you ever step of the way. And remember, there is the impatient side of our nature that demands that all steps happen according to our schedule, and then there is the plan of the Universe, which lovingly has a schedule that allows us to grow stronger, not just faster.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very proud of you! You are an inspiration! I need to get the balls to get up and do what you are doing - taking control. Good luck cuz. I will be following your progress!!!!! =) =)

    ReplyDelete